Happy Black Friday! I’m doing all my shopping online this year…no crowds and I can shop anytime of the day I want. I never really was a huge Black Friday shopper to begin with, but the older I get the less I even think about shopping on Black Friday. I love that there are so many wonderful online deals so now I don’t have to leave my house.
Like this awesome deal from my favorite coffee company: Jaguar Forest Coffee is Buy 1 Get 1 Free! Woohoo! All stocked up on my coffee now!
And Victoria’s Secret Bra’s are Buy 1 Get 1 50% off, including my favorite Sports Bra’s!
Do you shop in stores or online on Black Friday?
Now…onto the food part of this post… I used to love eating lemon pepper chicken. Growing up we always used the lemon pepper seasoning on our chicken, but since I’m such a nut about ingredients (and most of those pre-mixed lemon pepper seasonings are loaded with junk fillers and other unnecessary ingredients) I decided to try and make my own lemon pepper marinade for my chicken.
Boy, am I glad I decided to try this because it turned out so yummy! My husband liked it so much he told me that he doesn’t like when I make good food because then he overeats lol
Here’s the simple recipe:
- 2 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 3 TBSP EVOO
- Black Pepper (I didn’t measure this, but went on the lighter side since my husband isn’t a huge fan of it)
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Basil (Didn’t measure, but I would say 1-2 TBSP)
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Take 2 large chicken breasts (about 1 lb) and place in ZipLock Baggie
- Pour the marinade in the bag, close and mix the marinade and chicken by massaging it all together.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Bake for about 17 minutes (depending how thick the chicken breasts are) at 425 degrees.
This has a nice lemony flavor with just a hint of black pepper. I added a bit more black pepper to my dish since I love it so much, but my husband doesn’t. I served the chicken over top of brown rice pasta with chopped kale, mushrooms and onions.
This is a good meal for days when you are strength training and want more carbs. If I would have just done cardio this day I would have just served the chicken over chopped kale, mushrooms and onions and skipped the brown rice pasta.
Hope you enjoy this tasty & healthy recipe!
Stay Healthy my Friends!
Carrie A Groff
– Healthy, Fit & Barefoot!
“Happiness is Barefoot on the Beach!”